Park City/Las Vegas 2014 - Whats In My Bag

Here we go! My first "What's In My Bag" post, where to start...

So I'm leaving for a 2 week trip to the US, I tried to cram all this gear into a tiny 11L Dakine Heli backpack last year when I went to Boston and Stowe, after coming back from that trip realising that 11L was not even close to enough room for all my gear I recently bought a new 20L Daking Heli Pro. 

This is the Freeride World Tour edition, which in my opinion looks super sexy!

After contemplating between this and the mission pack series but I loved the previous Dakine Heli 11L pack series so I decided to keep with this 20L one, more pockets than I can fill, compression straps, hydration system compatible, waist and chest belt, emergency whistle on the chest strap clip blah blah blah. To sum it up I feaking love this bag! If you want to find out more pop over to Dakine.com/Backpacks to find out more about this pack! 

Now for what's in the bag, and the answer is lots of tech. As many of you know I love cameras and GoPros and all that awesome technical photography goodness. Ill break this up into segments so its easier to read into, and just as a warning its going to be very GoPro based.

Okay. So lets start with the tech!
  • Starting from the top I've got a Sony a580 DSLR, its quite an old DSLR but I it does the job! The two lenses below it are a Sony 50mm f/1.8 and a Tamron 28-80mm f/3.5 - 5.6 I figured that I didn't need to take the telephoto lens as I'm only going to you a maximum of two. 
  • Heading over to the black block to the right of the DSLR is my Anker Astro Battery Pack since I drain the battery on my iPhone 5 and GoPro's throughout the trip I need a little boost of power now and then!
  • Below that we have the almighty Nintendo DS Lite this needs nothing else its awesome.
  • Across the top I've got my two GoPro's and my GoPro WiFi Remote. Furthest to the right is my GoPro Hero HD 2, this is my first ever GoPro and I fell in love with it. I've had thought of selling it, but I cant get my head round it. Anyway! the second camera next to it is the Hero 3, my pride and joy. I bought the camera about 6 months before they released the Hero 3+ although I wasn't too bothered about it since there were hardly any differences between them. I mean as long as I can shoot 2.7K footage and 1080p at 120fps I think ill cope until the Hero 4 comes out! 
  • The WiFi remote next to the cameras came with my Hero 3 its pretty cool although I hardly ever use it, I think ill use it this season to take some shots of skiing or something! 
  • Below the cameras I've got my 13 inch Apple MacBook Pro, I've owned this for nearly two years now and its still running smooth! Even though the RAM and Storage aren't quite enough for me i can always upgrade them in the future!







This bundle of mess is just a few mounts and spare parts that I might need for my GoPro while in the US. Its just a mix of protective covers, extender arms, thumb screws, adhesive mounts and other little bits.






These are the mounts that I'm going to be taking with me, they 'should' get me though mounting my GoPro to pretty much anything to get the best angle I can! Instead of explaining all the mounts and their purpose I'm just going to list them and a shorted explanation of what they are:
  • From the top! the little rectangular thing in the top left is the GoPro Frame Mount it allows me to mount my Hero 3 with no waterproof casing which will give me some awesome audio and sharper footage.
  • The blue thing next to it is called a GoPole Grenade Grip its a simple one handed handle so I can film stuff. (I don't know what else to say about a handle.) Did I forget to mention its a handle for my camera?
  • The weird looking thing to the right of the Grenade Grip is one of my newer mounts, its a GoPro Jaws Clamp Mount it includes the black stick next to it. The stick looking thing allows me to bend to all sorts of angles. The clamp grip itself is just a clamp, pretty simple but great idea! Good job GoPro!
  • Below that we have a Gopro Headstrap Mount, its pretty basic it straps on to your head and you then have a GoPro attaches to your head. That simple.
  • Moving on! the little thing in the middle is a GoPro Handlebar/Pole Mount, it allows me to attach it to a ski pole! (I think you know why I have this its so I can take rad shots like this Instagram/RhysWilliams93)
  • To the left! Far left! a GoPro Vented Helmet Strap Mount. Not sure how I explain this, its a strap that will loop around something and loop back into the strap? Yeah? No? Okay.
  • Last but the most important of mounts, my GoPro Chesty this things is expensive but totally worth it if your a skier. Its essentially a chest strap that you can mount you camera too. Again super simply, super effective! 






Below we have a range of changers and cables that I'm going to meed to power me though the trip, everything from laptop charger, mini USB, Nintendo charger iPod cable ,iPhone cable. You get the idea there is a lot of cables and charging stuff.





On the music side of things
  • I've got my trusty iPod Classic 180GB still only about half full of music and the odd video or two (I don't really enjoy watching videos on an iPod).
  • To the left of my iPod I've got my Skullcandy Titan in ear headphones, these little bewts I picked up from Play.com for about £17 and I love them! Decent weight earbuds and suuuuper bassy! 
  • Below we've got a pair of WeSc White Bongo headphones, I've had these headphones for a few years now and the colour is starting to go a little creamy, which in a way looks kind of cool.




So that's pretty much it, there were a few little things like my WesternDigital 1TB My Passport External Hard drive which will hold all my music/photos/movies. Also my Owe. Snowboarding Beanie a pair of cheap gloves cause you know its going to be cold the other end! And when I say the other end I mean in London. No but seriously its like -4 degrees C and dumping with fresh pow in Park City.

Also I know I said I was going to get this out before Friday but I had to pack and drink beer as I'm going to live of Mtn Dew for two weeks I need me weekly alcohol limit to back me up.
So! Until tomorrow people! Travelling up to Heathrow and the Wales Vs France Six Nations game (which ill probably miss cause ill be in the car.)

Later peeps!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boston/Stowe (14th February 2015) - Day 3

Hawaii 2012 (28th May) - Day 1

Hawaii 2012 (30th May) - Day 3