Amsterdam (May 6th 2013) - Day 1

For once it's not skiing! Pitty ide rather be snow over it ha haa!

So I set off to Cardiff Bus station about 6am I met up with my friends (Alex, Helen, James and Ben) we took a bus from Cardiff to Bristol Airport, it was a pretty quick journey it was early morning so there want any traffic on the roads.

We arrived at Bristol Airport and met up with Rich, he took the bus or train I can't remember. He came from Exeter where he's studying in Uni.

For breakfast it was a Burger King and a Pint of Amstel Beer, oh and a red bull.

The flight was delayed by about 15mins but it wasn't a big deal. We took off at about 9:35am and arrived in Amsterdam at about 11:10am (Amsterdam time) the flight was quick and smooth. I found it weird being on a plane for about an hour, I'm too used to travelling to the US when it takes about 7 hours!

Once we landed we got out bags and caught the train to Amsterdam Central being me I lost my train ticket within the first 20mins of having it, but It wasn't a problem since no one checked. So I could have probably gotten the trip for free, oh well. Turns out even though I had info for the train we caught the wrong one, we ended up getting off at some other central station, after stumbling over what train to catch we were on track to the hostel.

We were staying in "The Heart Of Amsterdam", I've never stayed in a hostel before so it was a new experience. The hostel has a movie/Hollywood theme. We managed to get a room with "Kill Bill" all over the walls. I'm not complaining I thought it was a great film! All in all the place is nice and clean! Although breakfast may be a challenge for me seeing as I'm used to waking up at 11am and ratting super noodles and a redbull.

We went for some food, pizza was the popular choice. Again some of you may know that this is my favourite food and I am quite the critic on what is good and bad pizza. I went for a cheap choice and had a margarita. It wasn't the best although wasn't the worst, at the end if the day it was just food. The cost of one beer and a pizza came to around €12 which wasn't too bad I guess.

After food we went for a little walk and a hunt for a decent bar in the sun! We found a less busier square and stopped off in a place called Stevens Cafè. Beer was €4.90 and it was actually a pint this time! Cheeper and more of it. I'm not complaining, sat in the sun and reasonable priced beer! We also remembered that two friends from high school were in Amsterdam at the same time! One of them came to met us as he had rented a bike for a few days!

After a few beveys we went back to the hostel and chilled out for a bit! Turns out my entire friend group reads. That's something I didn't know!

After we popped out for a a few drinks with the friends from high school.

All in all the day was good! Although sleeping in the hostel was kind of loud and I didn't really get to sleep until 4am I can safely say that I miss my bed already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boston/Stowe (14th February 2015) - Day 3

Hawaii 2012 (30th May) - Day 3

Boston/Stowe (17th February 2015) - Day 6