Boston/Stowe (13th February 2015) - Day 2

Early wake up this morning, 5am to be exact not what I would call pleasant start to the day. 
Showered and packed ready to head to Terminal 3 to catch our flight out at 9:30am, it was pretty cold in London around 7 degrease and rain was in the air although it didn't come to much! 

We managed to get lost once again (it happens every time we fly from heathrow) we always manage to forget where the Terminal 3 long stay parking is. So after driving in loops around Heathrow Google maps did its job again and got us out of the pickle! Car parked and baggage was out! We caught the shuttle to Terminal 3 for those of you who haven't been to terminal 3 here is a photo: 


That's right it's the same colour as the lights in my car, that makes it cool and go after! Everyone knows that! 

It's an airport so standard airport stuff, check in, drop off bags, go though security, get fondled by a stranger of the security, have your shoes go though the X-Ray scan twice cause they are to cool for airports. (obviously) 
When booking the holiday we managed to get a pass into some lounge thing which allowed us to get some peace and quiet from those London accents I love oh so much (not). Free bacon sarni and a glass of beer, I think I got my money's worth! 

I'm actually writing most of this blog on the plane, as I have 7 hours to kill might as well do something productive! I've watched two films at this point Fury and Big Hero 6, (should I do a review of these films? Nah better not bore everyone) they were good! Food wise I've had a chicken curry and some ice cream! Oh and three beers (I don't care what time of day it is it's free beer!) 

Arriving in Boston it's super sunny and super cold, around -10 to be exsact. A big diffrance from Cardiff and London! We are staying in The Hilton Back Bay, nice place we are pretty high up to so we have a nice view.


Yeah there is a lot of snow on the ground, and apparently there is more to come! Tomorrow we set off to the mountains and heading to Stowe, in a blizzard too! They are expecting another foot of snow so fresh powder for my arrival! Now that's what I call service! 

We went straight out after arriving at the hotel, we stopped off at Joes bar, nice place but pricey beer. Although it will go down in history that it was the first legan alcoholic drink I had in Ameica! 

After Joes we made our way to the famous "Cheers Bar" only to find out from a local post lady that it was about 30 minutes walk and decided not to bother. We walked back and popped into another bar called The Pour House where yet again beer me up scott! We had some food even though it was quite early, around half 5 ish in the afternoon. 

We stayed in the Pout House for some food, i had some awesome nachos, although i can't attach a photo as i am using a public PC in the lobby of your hotel ill post it in the next day! (Hopefully ill have wifi by then). After food we had another drink for the road and headed back out into the cold back to the hotel, what felt like forever in the -12 tempreture was only about 5min long! 

Again any photos that relate to this blog post ill post them in the next day! 

Went to sleep at around 6pm as i still can't handle this time difference, its about 5 hours behind here from what I'm used to in the UK but hey ill get into the swing of things. Im writing the end of this blog the following morning as i didn't have wifi to finish it and publish it last night! 

Until tomorrow!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boston/Stowe (14th February 2015) - Day 3

Hawaii 2012 (30th May) - Day 3

Boston/Stowe (17th February 2015) - Day 6