San Francisco 2012 - Day 3
Woke up this morning in a queen sized bed all to myself (need to get one for my room!) We went our for breakfast and managed get myself a so called 'American Breakfast' basically it was eggs bacon and potatos wich was pretty tasty!! The weather is overcast and rainy in the city, so should be snowing in Lake Tahoe wich is good news! We got some road provisions such as Cheetos and a 2L bottle of Mtn Dewfor the trip in the local Walgreens.
On our way up to Heavenly Mountain Resort today in Lake Tahoe its about a 4 hour drive from where we are staying in San Fran city. We cut through Napa Valley which is famous for its wine growing, which is pretty cool if you like wine... we also crossed the world famous Golden Gate Bridge!! It's big, and red.
On the way to Lake Tahoe we stopped off at Denny's for some food and a drink it two, I had some classic nachos which were awesome!!! 2 hours left till we see the snow!!
Arriving at the hotel in Lake Tahoe was pretty nippy. The room itself is big and lots of room for my baggy clothes. The skis and boots have been sorted I have a pair of Salomon skis and Dalbello boots, I've skied them before so should be good!
As prices for food and drink on the mountain are pretty pricey we piped into the local supermarket ill attach a photo of our fridge most of what is in there already we brought from home for some friends who live in Orlando who are popping up for some skiing with us.
Tomorrow I start skiing so its an early night and an early wake up! I'm just hoping for some fresh powder over night!!
Comments
Post a Comment